Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 2 pm EDT
The Health Product Declaration® (HPD) Open Standard is the most widely used transparency and material health reporting method in the building industry, with over 8,000 published HPD reports representing over 20,000 building products. In this webinar, we discussed the recent advances in ease-of-use and information technology tools that are now available to manufacturers, architects, engineers, contractors, and owners (AECOs) to help respond to the growing need for healthier and safer building products.
The webinar provided demos and information about:
- Transparency and material health reporting for building products using HPDs
- Using the HPD Builder online system, easy, low-cost steps for MFRs to get started on reporting their products
- Accessing HPD reports in supply chain tools and building product libraries
- SM’s technical support for MFRs creating HPDs
- How the Transparency Catalog makes it super easy to find all MFRs with HPDs in all MasterFormat® sections
Wendy Vittori, Executive Director, HPDC
John Geyer, Program Director, HPDC
Terry Swack, Founder & CEO, Sustainable Minds
About the HPDC / Sustainable Minds partnership: Using the HPD Builder API, our expert data team adds every published HPD to the Transparency Catalog. Each HPD is reviewed for rating systems credit eligibility and added to the appropriate MasterFormat® section to ensure accurate findability.
Together, we are committed to simplifying product transparency reporting, making HPD data more understandable and meaningful and delivering easy to use and powerful tools.
This webinar was attended by building products manufacturers and AECOs, with an emphasis on providing an introduction to transparency and material health for those who are just starting with these practices.