HPD 2.1 Standard
What’s new in HPD Open Standard version 2.1
In May 2017, the HPDC released the most current version of the HPD Open Standard, version 2.1.
- On August 1, 2017 HPD Builder 2.1 was implemented, enabling easy creation of HPDs using the 2.1 Standard. For more information on HPD Builder, please click on this link.
- A “Fillable Form PDF” will be released in September 2017, to enable offline creation of HPDs with the 2.1 Standard. When it becomes available, the Fillable Form package will be downloadable on this page.
You can download the Standard on this page, as well as the Appendices and Errata (when published).
Key elements of the 2.1 revision are:
Harmonization with LEED v4 Material Ingredients credit requirements
- Harmonized Content Inventory formats
- LEED “pre-check” indicator – mechanical check to determine if LEED-required data elements are present (does not evaluate content for correctness)
Clarifications of existing content
- Clarified “Checklist” for compliant HPD
- Added separate lines for Product and Manufacturer Names
- Changed “UNK” to “NoGS” for no GreenScreen listing
- In “Exclusions” – revised Introduction and Disclaimer
- In “References” – clarified Manufacturer Contact Name to reflect responsibility for content of HPD
- In Section 4, “Accessories” – added response to indicate no accessories required
Updates to existing content
- Updated Third Party Verification data fields to include Third Party Verification status, identify preparers and/or verifiers
- Updated “Publication” to reflect HPDC Public Repository
- Updated Priority Hazard Lists
- Corrected references to GreenScreen to reflect trademark
- Updated references to GreenScreen Benchmarks
- Checked and updated all referenced links
- Updated references and links to HPDC website
- Updated Glossary
License for Use
The Health Product Declaration Open Standard is the intellectual property of the HPD Collaborative, and provided to the public, free-of-charge, under the Creative Commons: Attribution-NoDerivs CC BY-ND 4.0) license. Anyone using the HPD Open Standard must comply with the terms of this license agreement, which will be enforced by the HPD Collaborative. For information on use of the terms, logos and trademarks, please click here.