HPD Open Standard Appendices
The HPD Open Standard consists of:
- The HPD Open Standard Format that presents consistent structural frameworks for the presentation of data elements required for a Health Product Declaration. See Appendix A, below.
- The HPD Open Standard Instructions that define the terms and requirements for the data elements included in the Standard Format, including Appendices. The Instructions are available here, and the appendices are available below.
- Best Practices Guidance that is cited in the HPD Instructions.
Appendix A: HPD Open Standard Format
This appendix contains the three HPD Formats that are required for a compliant HPD:
- Nested Material Inventory with Material-level thresholds
- Nested Material Inventory with Product-level threshold
- Basic Inventory with Product-level threshold
Appendix B: HPD Priority Hazard Types
The HPD Priority Hazard List Hazard Types are based on the GreenScreen for Safer Chemicals hazard endpoints. To streamline reporting, the HPD uses fewer hazard types and shorter names than GreenScreen, combining endpoints with similar health impacts and reducing detail not directly related to the endpoints. The table translates GreenScreen Hazard Endpoints to HPD Hazard Types.
Appendix C: HPD Priority List Criteria
Authoritative chemical hazard lists to be referenced in scanning of product ingredients for hazards have been selected for use in the HPD by the criteria described in Emerging Best Practices for Hazard Screening. Beginning with HPD v2.1.1, Appendix C is now included in therein.
Appendix D: HPD Priority List Sources
Lists that meet the criteria provided in Appendix C comprise the HPD Priority List Sources.
Appendix E: HPD Priority List Warnings
This document provides a complete listing of warnings used in HPD Priority Hazard Lists.
Appendix F: VOC Emission Testing Standards and Programs
This document provides a Standard Method for the Testing and Evaluation of Volatile Organic Chemical Emissions from Indoor Sources Using Environmental Chambers.