HPD Open Standard v2.3 Full Implementation Resources
HPDC launched the full implementation of the HPD Builder v2.3 on July 11, 2022. This means that the “active” version of HPD Open Standard is now Version 2.3, and all newly published HPDs must be in Version 2.3. Full Implementation includes updates to the HPD Builder, HPD Public Repository, our APIs, and the Supplier HPD Builder extension tool.
Key Points for Builder Users on Transition to v2.3 in the HPD Builder
- The active version of the HPD Open Standard is Version 2.3. All newly published HPDs will need to be compliant with v2.3.
- If you have a v2.2 HPD you want to update to v2.3, there is an update capability provided in the HPD Builder. The Builder Compliance function will let you know of any v2.3 compliance issues. For most products, you will not have to report new data, other than as required to use the new features of v2.3. However, some data has been restructured in v2.3, such as for Special Conditions. In these cases the way this data is reported on the PDF format will be different from v2.2.
- Existing HPDs published before the release of HPD v2.3 remain valid under their existing Expiry Date.
These are key updates to the HPD Open Standard:
- Visual Updates to Highlight Data Quality
- Increased Material and Substance Data Transparency and Quality
- Data Consistency for Special Conditions
- Additional Listings Added to HPD v2.3
- Improved Procedures for Accessories
- Update to the LEED Pre-Check to Comply with LEED Version 4.1
Watch Webinar 1 – New Features in HPD Builder V2.3
Webinar 1 was a detailed explanation of new features of HPD Open Standard v2.3, including visual updates, product transparency, data quality and ease of use for the building products industry.
PRESENTERS: HPDC’s Tristan Roberts, Chief Technologist, and Cory White, Technical Specialist
Watch Webinar 2 – How to Use HPD Builder V2.3
Webinar 2 was a live walk through of changes and improvements to the HPD Builder v2.3 with HPDC staff.
PRESENTERS: HPDC’s Wendy Vittori, Executive Director, and Milla Marcano, Manager, Technical Support
For more information on the v2.3 release features, and to access the Standard documents, click here. The complete List of changes to the HPD format and the HPD Builder is also available to familiarize yourself with the Version 2.3 updates.
If you have questions about the transition to Version 2.3, or anything else related to HPDs and material health, we are here to help. Please visit the HPDC Support Portal. There you will find FAQs and also you are able to enter a Support Ticket with your questions. Our Support team will personally respond to your questions.
Thank you for all the great work that you and your organization are doing to advance the practice of material health!
To learn more about creating HPDs, using the Supplier Extension to the Builder and changes in HPD v2.3, access these free courses via the HPDC learning portal: