HPDC Public Repository
Announcing: Advanced User Features Now Available
Use of the HPD Public Repository has grown rapidly since its launch in November 2016 – now with over 4500 published HPDs (with new HPDs being published regularly) and 1000s of downloads each month. Advanced User Features have been specifically designed to assist project teams in using the Repository to incorporate HPD-based information in your product selection and specification work, as well as to compile documentation for specifications and certification submittals, streamlining your process and significantly reducing time and effort.
To introduce the advanced user features, HPDC is making them available to all Repository users through September 2018. Beginning in October, HPDC members will continue to have unlimited access; non-members will be able to continue use of these features for a small monthly fee. If you are not already an HPDC member, please consider supporting our community through your membership – for more information on membership, click here.
Advanced User Features
- Registered Repository User – this feature will enable you to establish an account in the Repository, most importantly so you can store your work-in-progress, maintain a history of selected and downloaded HPDs and avoid repeated entry of your email for downloads. Registering will enable your use of these additional features:
- Contact Manufacturers – Have a question for a manufacturer? Want to tell the manufacturer you are using their HPD? Now you can contact the manufacturer directly from the Repository, while viewing their HPD. The manufacturer will receive your message and be able to correspond directly back to you via your email address.
- Download Queues – No longer do you need to laboriously download HPDs one-by-one and save to files on your computer. Now you can maintain project-specific “Download Queues” right in the Repository itself. Select and edit your project-specific queue over multiple work sessions. If you need an HPD right away – download it. If you want to store it for further consideration and later download, create your project-specific queue and save it. Curate your queues over time and, when you are ready, the Repository will download the HPDs you have selected for a specific project, in a single, convenient zip file.
- New Features – New features will be added on an ongoing basis. Please contact us with your suggestions for additional features that will make it easier and more useful to incorporate the data in HPD reports into your work. To provide a suggestion, or get assistance with the HPD Public Repository, please visit our Support Portal by clicking on this link.
What is the HPD Public Repository?
The HPD Public Repository is the authoritative source for published HPDs. When a manufacturer publishes an HPD using the HPD Builder, it is automatically uploaded to the Repository as a PDF file. HPDs that have been created by means other than the HPD Builder can also be uploaded to the Repository by the manufacturer. Once uploaded, an HPD is considered to be a “Public HPD.” Uploaded PDFs are then searchable and available to be downloaded by users – Architects, Designers, Project Teams, Property owners or any interested party. For specific guidance on using HPDs for the LEED MR credit, click here.
- Please note: The download functionality of the Repository works by opening a new tab in the current window, this is often blocked by pop-up window blockers. Please make sure you always allow pop-ups from https://hpdrepository.hpd-collaborative.org. When using Chrome, the browser will ask you to click two times, first to allow the pop-up and second to go to the link that opens the new tab which in our case is the HPD. For other browsers, please consult browser instructions for allowing pop-ups.
If you’re ready to access the Repository, enter your search term and/or simply enter GO below. For more information about the features and use of the Repository, access User and Manufacturer Instructions by clicking on the buttons below.