HPD Collaborative has grown rapidly to be a community of thousands of practitioners who are collaborating to create a healthier world by working together to make building materials better. As a result of this collaboration there is now free, public access to product content and health information on well over 20,000 building products contained in 6,000+ published HPDs. This information is informing product selection and specification on hundreds of building projects.
We’re already seeing opportunities to use material health information in COVID-19 efforts. HPD reports can answer questions about antimicrobial product ingredients. We are also exploring using HPDs to report the ingredients and health information of cleaning products, and linking them as accessory products, where appropriate. Please see below a note from Tristan on these topics. With the growing awareness that COVID-19 and many other illnesses disproportionately affect those with chronic health conditions, transparent reporting of health-related information about building products is certain to play a bigger role ahead.< Our hearts go out to everyone whose health has been affected, and lives disrupted, and our thanks to all who are on the front line of delivering vital health and other services in this challenging time. As we mark the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, let’s bring our collaboration and innovation to a new level to make our world a healthier place for all.
Antimicrobials And COVID-19: HPDC Announces Working Group.
A Time For Innovation: Organizational Adaptation To COVID-19.
Fully Implemented HPD Open Standard V2.2 Launches May 18.
Register For Three Free Webinars To Learn About New Features Of Fully Implemented HPD Open Standard Version2.2.
A Supply Chain Collaboration Initiative.
Healthy Building Network Announces Latest Release of Pharos.
Welcome HPDC’s 300th Member: National Ready Mixed Concrete Association.
Founded in 1930, the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association is the ready mixed concrete leading industry advocate. Their mission is to provide exceptional value for our members by responsibly representing and serving the entire ready mixed concrete industry through leadership, promotion, education and partnering to ensure ready mixed concrete is the building material of choice.
HNI Shifts Manufacturing To Make Personal Protective Equipment.
- Manufacture of washable face coverings to support the rapid increase in demand for them recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and to save critical surgical masks and N-95 respirators for healthcare workers and other medical first responders
- Manufacture of washable face covers, which fit over and extend the useful life of scarce N95 respirators
- Manufacture of protective gowns (both washable and disposable), for use in hospitals that are facing unprecedented levels of protective gown usage and limited ability to acquire more
- Loans of our equipment processing time to support local vendors’ PPE efforts. Those applications include cutting materials for acrylic face shields and sewing elastic onto dormant N95 respirators, enabling the latter to be put into immediate use
The HPD Public Repository is the authoritative resource for all published HPDs. Visit the Repository to access over 6,000 published HPDs, representing over 20,000 building products –
Thank You To the 108 Manufacturers Publishing New HPDs Q1 2020:
LAURIER ARCHITECTURAL INC.
HPDC continues to grow our membership now with over 290 member organizations. Membership is open to any organization that participates in the industry and supports the goals of transparency and material health practice of the HPDC. See a full list of HPDC Members and Sponsors.
Please Join Us in Welcoming Our Newest Members to HPDC
- W.R. Meadows
- Rainguard International
- Monopole Inc.
- Allwood Group
- RPG Acoustical Systems, LLC
- Tapetex BV
- Fibo AS
- Sustainability Made Simple
- Master Builders Solutions
- National Ready Mixed Concrete Association
- Palram Americas, Inc.
- Makersite (joined this week that’s why)
- Brunner GmbH
- McGrory Glass, Inc.