Membership Overview and Benefits
The Health Product Declaration Collaborative (HPDC) is a not-for-profit, member organization, dedicated to the support and evolution of the Health Product Declaration ® (HPD) Open Standard. Membership is open to organizations that are actively engaged in the creation, use and/or support of the HPD Open Standard. Each member organization is entitled a specified number of individual participants, based on the type of membership. The HPDC is a non-profit corporation, recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(6) trade association.
Start your membership application now:
HPDC members fall across three categories, as follows:
- User – An organization that uses, or intends to use, HPDs directly in the course of their business activities. Examples: Architecture, Design, Engineering and Construction firms.
- Manufacturer – An organization that develops and/or manufactures product(s) for which HPDs would be an applicable disclosure tool. In instances where an entity or individual both creates and uses an HPD, they should select the Manufacturer category. Examples include firms that develop and/or manufacture products used as building materials or firms that develop and/or manufacture materials or substances that are integrated into building materials.
- Ecosystem – 1) An organization that provides products and/or services that utilize or produce HPD-related information. Examples are makers of interpretive tools, consulting services, verification services. 2) An organization that works in an advocacy, policy and/or regulatory capacity in areas relevant to the HPD.
Organizations may join HPDC at one of two membership levels, as follows:
- General Member – Annual Membership Dues: $1,500. Includes 5 individual participants.
- Affiliate Member – Annual Membership Dues: $500. Includes 2 individual participants.
Additional individual participants may be added to each Membership for an additional $250 annual membership dues for each additional participant. Note: Government Agencies and 501(c)(3) non-profits receive a 50% discount on their annual dues.
Benefits The following table defines the benefits to HPDC members:
|Benefit||General Member||Affiliate Member|
|Eligible for seat on Board of Directors||Yes – up to 9 User category seats; up to 4 Manufacturer category seats||No|
|Elect the HPDC Board of Directors||Yes||No|
|Eligible for a Category seat on the Technical Committee||Yes – up to 9 User category seats; up to 2 Manufacturer category seats; up to 2 Ecosystem category seats||No|
|Eligible for an Subject Matter Expert (SME) seat on the Technical Committee||Yes – up to 4 SME seats||Yes – up to 4 SME seats|
|Eligible to participate in the User or Manufacturer Advisory Panel (based on member category)||Yes||Yes|
|Eligible for seat on HPDC Technical Sub-Groups||Yes||Yes|
|Company representatives can serve as chairs and vice chairs of Technical Sub-Groups||Yes||No|
|Eligible for HPDC Sponsorship opportunities||Yes||No|
|User Accounts on the HPDC Member Portal for Individual Participants and Unlimited Use of HPD Builder||Yes||Yes|
|Access to drafts of the HPDC Standard and other development materials||Yes||Yes|
|Regular news and updates from HPDC||Yes||Yes||Use of HPDC Member logo (see website for guidelines)||Yes||Yes|