Building Clean 2019 Summit: How Buying Local and Healthy Strengthens Your Community
Building Clean 2019 is a summit that looks at the power of procurement in the built environment to bring better health, jobs, and equity to communities.
Our goal is to demonstrate innovative practices across sectors that could be adapted by other stakeholders. Sustainable procurement is about much more than recycled paper. It reaches into every aspect of buildings, which is what all businesses, government, and communities have in common.
HPDC’s Tristan Roberts, Director, Technical and Education Programs, will speak at the “Clean Build of Health” as part of the summit.
9-11 a.m. Perkins Eastman Tour
1-5:30 p.m. Summit
5:30-7 p.m. Reception
- It’s Not So Academic: Understanding the learning curve in making new procurement commitments.
- Build It Clean and They Will Come: Pathways to follow on your quest for your project to contribute to a more sustainable community.
- A Clean Build of Health: Finding safer products without a degree in toxicology.
- A Toolbox for Actionable Procurement Policies: Where you can turn for help in meeting local and healthier goals.
- Utilities Power Buy Local Buy Healthy Initiatives: How and why utilities are marrying energy efficiency with local and healthy principles.
- Building Up Underserved Communities: How to ensure that the clean energy economy brings its benefits to low-income communities.
All workshops are accredited for AIA credits.
16 West Adams Street
Chicago, IL 60603
Material Health: Design Frontiers in the Built Environment
November 14th – 15th
A symposium to critically examine how design can build a healthier future for all people to live on earth.
Please join us!
The evening of Thursday, November 14
All Day Friday, November 15, 2019
Parsons School of Design | The New School
66 West 12th Street
New York City
November 19-22 / Atlanta
HPDC will be at Greenbuild 2019 in Atlanta, Georgia. Greenbuild showcases the latest innovative products and services for the built environment. Come visit us at the HPDC booth and learn, network, do business and participate in one of the greenest and most sustainable conferences in the world.
The Expo Hall at Greenbuild is the focal point of the event, and the center hub of energy, featuring over 400 diverse exhibiting companies, featuring a vast array of products and services for the sustainable building industry.