November 14th @ Building Clean 2019 Summit
How Buying Local and Healthy Strengthens Your Community
16 West Adams Street
Chicago, IL 60603
Building Clean 2019 is a summit that looks at the power of procurement in the built environment to bring better health, jobs, and equity to communities.
Our goal is to demonstrate innovative practices across sectors that could be adapted by other stakeholders. Sustainable procurement is about much more than recycled paper. It reaches into every aspect of buildings, which is what all businesses, government, and communities have in common.
HPDC’s Tristan Roberts, Director, Technical and Education Programs, will speak at the “Clean Build of Health” as part of the summit.
Workshops will include:
- It’s Not So Academic: Understanding the learning curve in making new procurement commitments.
- Build It Clean and They Will Come: Pathways to follow on your quest for your project to contribute to a more sustainable community.
- A Clean Build of Health: Finding safer products without a degree in toxicology.
- A Toolbox for Actionable Procurement Policies: Where you can turn for help in meeting local and healthier goals.
- Utilities Power Buy Local Buy Healthy Initiatives: How and why utilities are marrying energy efficiency with local and healthy principles.
- Building Up Underserved Communities: How to ensure that the clean energy economy brings its benefits to low-income communities.
All workshops are accredited for AIA credits.
Schedule at a Glance
9-11 a.m. Perkins Eastman Tour
1-5:30 p.m. Summit
5:30-7 p.m. Reception