Call for Technical Sub-Group Applicants
Third Party Verification Sub-Group
The Health Product Declaration’s Technical Committee has responsibility for development and maintenance of the HPD Open Standard. To assist the Technical Committee in this work, the HPDC establishes Technical Sub-Groups to address specific topics in depth and detail. These Sub-Groups examine issues and formulate recommendations for the Technical Committee. This Call for Applicants applies to the Third Party Verification Technical Sub-Group. Its Charter is appended to this Call for Applicants. This is a Standing Sub-Group.
Any representative of a member organization of the HPDC may apply to participate. Participants must have expertise and experience relevant to the Sub-Group activities as described below. Members will represent user, manufacturer, and ecosystem perspectives.
Appointments to Standing Sub-Groups will be for a two-year term. When the Sub-Group is being established participants may be randomly selected for a one-year initial term in order to stagger terms.
The time commitment for Sub-Groups will include conference calls once or twice per month plus work between calls to conduct research, develop draft materials, and review drafts.
Required Qualifications for all Sub-Groups are:
- Employee of a Member organization
- Ability and willingness to commit time to this effort including
- Attendance at one or two calls per month of one hour each; attendance at 6 out of 8 calls required.
- Offline review of materials as needed between calls.
- Participation in special calls as needed.
- Participation in face-to-face meetings if scheduled.
Expertise and experience required for each subgroup are described below.
- For users, expertise in using third-party verified certifications and other reports, and familiarity with their firms’ requirements for third party verification of information and forms.
- For manufacturers, expertise in creating HPDs and experience with third party certification for products.
- For third-party verifiers, experience and expertise in preparing and verifying HPDs.
Individuals may serve on a maximum of two HPDC Technical Committee and/or Technical Sub-Group positions at any one time. Any member organization may not have more than one representative on any Committee or Sub-Group.
How to Submit an Application
Representatives of member organizations interested in serving on any of the groups included in this Call for Applicants must complete the HPDC Technical Sub-Group Application Form. This form will include at least the following information:
- Applicant Name
- Applicant Member Organization – name, address
- Applicant Contact information – email, telephone
- Submission Date
- Technical Sub-Group (if applying for more than one, submit a separate form for each)
- Statement of Interest
- Experience/ expertise for each Qualification
- Acceptance of requirements for attendance and participation
- Attachment or link to resume/ CV (optional)
Please note that HPDC may invite candidates to serve on a group for which they did not indicate interest based on the candidate’s expertise and the needs of each group.
This call opens April 13, 2016, and the deadline for submissions is April 29 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
Process for Selection
Applications will be reviewed by HPDC staff for completeness and adherence to membership and other requirements. All applications that meet these criteria will be forwarded to the HPDC Technical Committee for review and selection (as appropriate to the Group). The Technical Committee may request that Staff assist in this process.
Technical Subgroup Charter
Third Party Verification Technical Sub-Group Charter
The Third Party Verification Sub-Group will explore issues that arise in the third-party preparation and verification of HPDs and formulate recommendations. It will provide an open forum for dialog on preparation and verification processes, certification methods, credentialing, best practices, etc. for the purpose of determining developments that will enhance the use and adoption of the HPD Open Standard.
Role and Responsibilities
The Third Party Verification Technical Sub-Group is responsible for:
- Bringing forward proposals to the Technical Committee for adjustments to preparation and verification processes that are considered appropriate to increase the integrity and credibility of HPDs.
- Devising certification and credentialing proposals for third party preparers and verifiers and bringing these forward to the Technical Committee for approval.
- Developing best practices related to preparation and verification of HPDs.
- Analyzing inquiries and issues raised in the use of the HPD Open Standard related to Third Party Verification.
- Engaging as needed with quality standards, professional accreditation, and other groups to develop potential solutions to the identified issues.
The Third Party Verification Technical Sub-Group is chartered to produce whatever materials are consistent with the Sub-Group’s mission and scope. As a Standing Sub-Group, it will develop a Work Plan for each year and a Progress Report at the completion of the year. These documents will be delivered to the Technical Committee for review and approval.
The Third Party Verification Technical Sub-Group is a Standing Sub-Group with no sunset date. It will continue in operation until the HPDC Technical Committee votes to change its charter.
The Third Party Verification Technical Sub-Group will be composed of up to 13 representatives of verification program operators, users, and manufacturers. Sub-Group participants can be drawn from General and Affiliate Member companies. Expertise and experience in verification and certification is required, from perspective of verifier or product/ material producer.
The Technical Committee will appoint a Chair and two Vice Chairs for the Sub-Group. The Chair may be a member of the Technical Committee to ensure communications. The Chair and Vice Chairs must be representatives of General Members. The role of the Chair is to establish agendas for calls, facilitate discussion on calls, and work with HPDC staff to prepare the annual Work Plan and Progress Report. The Sub-Group Chair will serve as a non-voting member of the Technical Committee and will attend TC meetings, participate in discussions, and contribute to work products as appropriate. The Vice Chair will serve any of the functions in the Chair’s absence.
Terms and Term Limits
Appointments to the Sub-Group will be for a two-year term. When the Sub-Group is being established participants may be randomly selected for a one-year initial term in order to stagger terms. Appointments to the Sub-Group may be made at any time. There are no limits on reappointment.
Appointed leaders of the Sub-Group may serve two one-year terms, until either he or she resigns from the role, or is remove by the Technical Committee. In the event that the leadership term of the Chair or Vice Chair expires prior to their term of appointment to the Sub-Group, they will remain a member of the Sub-Group if they so desire.
The Third Party Verification Technical Sub-Group will meet via teleconference on a monthly schedule on a day and at a time that is mutually agreeable to members. As needed, the Sub-Group will hold interim meetings in between regular meetings. Members will also be asked to review documents and other tasks between meetings as needed. HPDC Operating Procedures for Groups provides guidance on procedures, attendance, and other policies.
Work of the Sub-Group will be accomplished by consensus. In cases where there is division on a topic, a vote will be taken and a majority of those present will be required for approval. A quorum consists of a simple majority of members of the group. The Chair can also elevate these issues to the whole Technical Committee.