November 20th @ Greenbuild 3:30 – 5:00 PM
Transparency (Really!) Works: From Specs to Construction
The Shaw Education Lab, Booth: L1741 in the Greenbuild Expo Hall
Georgia World Congress Center
285 Andrew Young International Blvd NW
Atlanta, GA 30313
Attendees must have an Expo Hall pass (or a full Greenbuild conference pass) to enter the session. For those who would like to attend the workshop but don’t already have full conference access to Greenbuild, Shaw has some Expo Hall passes available that provide access to education sessions in the Shaw Education Lab.
So you’re the only person on the project that can tell the difference between an HPD and an EPD? You’ve got your work cut out, from specifications to construction administration—to getting products with Health Product Declarations, Declare, and other labels in the building. Come get expert tips to leverage your impact.
- Implement strategies to ensure installed products meet disclosure requirements to achieve Option 1 and/or Option 2 of the LEED v4 BD+C/ID+C Building product disclosure and optimization: Material Ingredients credit.
- Specifications that can be implemented on a variety of projects with requirements for transparency documentation that comply with Option 1 of the LEED v4 BPDO: Material ingredients credit.
- Facilitate effective communication between architect and contractor to get transparent and optimized products in the building in compliance with the three BD+C/ID+C BPDO credits (EPDs, Sourcing, and Material Ingredients).
- Understand how existing tools like material trackers for carbon footprinting or software for embodied carbon comparison can aid the case for transparency, and bring another layer to the material discussion.
- Jean Hansen, HDR
- Susan Walter, HDR
- Myrrh Caplan, Skanska
- Tristan Roberts, HPDC (Health Product Declaration Collaborative)
:00-05 minutes: presenter introductions
:05-:15 minutes: project team assembly and problem discovery
:15-:30: First presentation – design side exploring specifications and working with designers, consulting with contractors
:45-1:00 Second presentation – material transparency and understanding EPDs, HPDs, Declare labels and more.