Technical and Education Director for Industry Sustainability Open Standard – Health Product Declaration (HPD) Collaborative
HPDC is seeking a full-time senior staff member, responsible for overseeing the evolution of the HPD Open Standard, and directing/developing educational support materials for the Standard. The HPD Open Standard is the leading industry standard for reporting product content and associated health information in the building industry. Health Product Declaration® (HPD) Collaborative is a not-for-profit, member organization that is continuously improving the building industry’s performance through transparency, openness and innovation in the practices of reporting, disclosure, specification and selection of building products. Our mission is to improve human and environmental health through open innovation to improve the health-related characteristics of products used to construct and furnish buildings.
- As Technical Director for Standard Development, work with technical committees (member-staffed), HPDC staff and other members of the ecosystem to lead the evolution of the HPD Open Standard. Key responsibilities include: developing the roadmap for Standard Development; leading committee meetings; preparing technical briefings and revisions to the Standard. The Technical Director serves as the staff expert on interpretation of the Standard, and represents HPDC as a senior staff member in various events, external presentations and interactions with other ecosystem members.
- As Education Director, lead the development of the education and training materials needed to support the growing use and adoption of the HPD Open Standard. Key responsibilities include: developing the roadmap for educational offerings; authoring educational content, such as courses, powerpoint presentations, webinars, etc.; project manage external contractors; delivering presentations and training sessions.
Key Position Requirements
- Ten+ years of work experience in a related field, such as green building, architecture, design, product development, industrial health. Five+ years of experience in the Green Building Eco-System. Five+ years of experience in a project leadership, or higher organizational role.
- Experience working as a member, leader and/or staff support in a non-profit, volunteer committee setting. Excellent teamwork sills.
- Experience working on or managing Standard development, maintenance, revision, including knowledge of relevant governance procedures. Experience with technical material.
- Demonstrated experience in creating educational materials, technical reports and/or other relevant products. Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field, Masters degree preferred.
Location – HPDC’s organization is “virtual,” so you will most likely work from home. If you would prefer to work from a local, shared office facility, we will be open to discussing this with you. Other team members are based in Phoenix, Arizona area.
Benefits include a flexible work schedule, 3 weeks of paid vacation. Salary is competitive.
Starting date, February 2018.
If interested, please reply with cover letter and resume/CV to Wendy Vittori, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.